Built in 1935 by marcel lods and eugène beaudoin, the program for this building was very complex for its time : it was supposed to have a covered market, offices and meeting rooms, a conference room and a cinema. The architects, along with the engineer vladimir bodianksy and with jean prouvé, created a simple volume with surprising flexibility, with walls on rails that could be easily moved removed to determine spaces according to the needs of the program each day.
Although it was conceived in 1935, the building, with its curtain wall (the first one built in france), it looks extremely contemporary. It was given “national monument” status in 1983, and has been the object of a slow restoration ever since. So slow, actually, that parts of the restored building are already beginning to deteriorate.